Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Week 1 in KL

Hi all. I arrived in KL last Saturday, and a friend whom I'm staying with for the time being picked me up from the airport. KL is just like Bangkok, except that Bangkok is in worse shape now. It was a pretty quick ride home, cruising way past the speed limit to Petaling Jaya. Home was 45 minutes away from the airport, but with the light traffic and the speed at which we were going, we got there in less than 30 minutes.

First week of work was alright, except that I got food poisoning. I think it was the food I had on Tuesday, but I ended up having bad stomach aches and nausea 2 days later. I started feeling it at work, but thought it was just because I didn't sleep well. Turns out I didn't sleep well due to the food poisoning. So yesterday I took a day off work, went to the doctor to get some medication, and here I am, sitting at the office now. The person whom I usually get work from is not in the office yet, so I have free time until then. (About 15 minutes) Other than this fiasco, work is pretty typical. I have to keep asking for work. The work I'm doing now is accouting, using a program called SAP. Currently I'm helping out with Accounts Payable (AP) in the Asia Pacific region. At the start of the week I was in AP North America, doing some vendor reconciliation. Work is time consuming and exhausting, since it's all about looking at numbers, keying them into the system, and making sure the numbers match. Today I'll have to take it easy, I wouldn't want a relapse of the headache and nausea.

No comments:

Post a Comment