Monday, June 7, 2010

Entry 4: Week 3 at Bilkent

Hi all,
This past week at Bilkent has been pretty standard and similar to the first two weeks. I continued to input grades for the research professor and I also helped the MBA coordinator with admissions stuff. Inputting grades is rather monotonous, but I do not mind it. I am enjoying learning about the admissions process, but I am also looking forward to doing some research work that should start next week. When the research professor and the MBA coordinator do not have work for me, I help the dean with different stuff as well. I may or may not be starting Turkish classes this week (it depends if enough people signed up to take them).

Outside of work, I have been studying for the GRE and relaxing. This past weekend, I went to see the Bilkent Symphony Orchestra which was nice. I also got my haircut but I had a friend communicate with the stylist for me. Finally, on Sunday, I went to a Catholic mass at the Vatican Embassy here in Ankara. Since Turkey is mainly a Muslim country, there are a ton of mosques here and very few churches, but I managed to find a few in Ankara. It was a neat experience to attend church here.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

1 comment:

  1. Great Sarah--all sounds good. Any chance of uploading some photos: of work, of where you are living....your new haircut?????

    Will you have the opportunity to travel. Remember there are UM students in Istanbul: I'm sure they would be happy to host you.....

    ReplyDelete