Friday, June 25, 2010

Week 3 in KL!

Time's going by pretty quick. I'm focused on work mostly, and in the city there isn't THAT much to see other than some shopping malls and such. I'm starting to think the sights and sounds here can't match Istanbul! But on the upside there's a theme park nearby, at the top of a mountain. People keep telling me the air is cold and I should bring winter stuff, but really, how cold could it be for South East Asia? I plan to go over there to check it out one of these weeks, but not too sure on the plan yet. I might even take a bus trip down to Singapore to visit for a couple of days over the weekend! It'll be an exciting experience.

Work is getting pretty standard. I got lucky in that I'm assisting in a brand new project, so even the people there don't know too much about it. It put everyone on the same page. We'll be uploading the fixed assets into the accounting system. It's not the most exciting thing, but definitely quite interesting. It's also giving me a lot of experience with this system that is quite widely used in big firms (especially MNC's). There isn't much that goes on during the weekdays, and I haven't had much time to go around much.

Last week we went to Chinatown. It was very nostalgic for me, and I walked along the streets reminiscing of the crowded Thai markets I used to grow up in. It was a different experience though. Because it was in the evening, it wasn't so hot out. The things that were being sold in the market were mostly fake things, but there were also some that are legitimate as well. There aren't that many tourists in KL, not sure why. I do see them from time to time going to /from work, but I don't see that many tourists lounging around in bars and such.

I'll sign off now, but hopefully I'll get my photo's to start working, then I can finally start putting something up!

1 comment:

  1. Did you go to the mountain yet. I wonder how cold it is there?
    Glad you like the other blog posts. Maybe Istanbul next year?

    ReplyDelete